Scrap Metal Removal Services
A home improvement project can be so much fun. You get to give the place you love the most, your home, a makeover. And you get to take pride in doing it while learning a million things along the way. The same goes for car repair and car improvement projects. The thrill of restoring your dad’s old car is unmatched.
These projects are brilliant for your heart, soul, and house (or car)! But there is a little problem that you need to deal with once the projects are over. And that is disposing of all the scrap metal you would have accumulated along the way.
But how do you do that?
It’s simple. Give our experts at Extractors Junk Removal a call, schedule a visit and get a free estimate. Once you are on board, our team will come in and do all the heavy lifting and leave your house scrap metal-free.
What is scrap metal?
Scrap metal is waste metal or metal that is left over. It can range from waste aluminum cans to metal rods and sheets. For example, have you just upgraded the plumbing in your house? Then you will have old copper pipes lying around. In a nutshell, all the metallic junk that accumulates in your home constitutes scrap metal.
All the items made from any of the following metals can be classified under scrap:
1) Aluminum – Think of waste soda cans, old bike frames, car parts, and gaming consoles. All have a significant amount of aluminum in them.
2) Copper – Old electrical appliances and old pipes from a plumbing upgrade lying around your home will most likely be copper.
3) Brass – Many of the old objects are likely to be brass. So if it looks like something you have is made of gold, and you know it isn’t, rest assured its brass.
4) Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is an alloy. It is a combination of several other metals, such as nickel and chromium, among other metals. This metal is most likely found in kitchen appliances, equipment, and white goods.
Why do we need to dispose off scrap metal correctly?
Now that we know what constitutes scrap metal, let’s look at the top reasons why the correct disposal of these items is essential:
1) Can be used again and again
There is a significant difference between waste items and scrap items. Scrap metal items hold monetary value and can be reused and recycled. The metal recycling industry is huge in America and contributes significantly towards saving energy by recycling and upcycling metal parts.
2) Not picked up by standard trash picking facilities
Scrap metal is also one of those items rarely picked up by municipal trash collecting services. So, it is always a good idea to consult professionals about scrap metal removal and disposal.
3) Scrap metal does not break down
You also must never throw scrap metal in the garbage because if it reaches the landfill, it just continues. Without breaking down, ever! It makes disposing of scrap metal correctly essential for improving our environment.
4) Having scrap metal at home is hazardous
It is never a good idea to have scrap at home, no matter how well you think you have stored it. Moving scrap metal parts can be hazardous if you do not have the necessary experience and the right tools. And it can hurt you and damage your house. This point becomes even more critical if you have kids or pets at home.
Have more questions about the process? Our experts at Extractors Junk Removal will be more than happy to clarify all your doubts regarding scrap metal removal and make sure we leave your house scrap metal free.
Let Us Handle Your Junk
Give us a call today and we'll be on our way to pick up your junk. Just point at it and it's gone.